CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

12.16.2009

First attempt at the Christmas House

When I was younger, EVERY year, we went to see the "Christmas House". For anyone not from the area (or from the area, but unaware of what I'm talking about), the Christmas house is a private home owner who puts up over a million Christmas lights every year. The house is off 71 somewhere.

Even as far back as when I was a littler girl, I remember hundreds of people lined up and down the road walking through this guys front yard. He had twinkle lights, archways, big plastic figurines and has moved on to those big blow up things and animated creatures. Also, I remember there being a Santa in the garage and soooo much more.

In the past few years I've only been once - which is sad. I tell Ryan every year I want to go and we usually forget. But this year I swore we'd take Jude. With all the lights, I knew he'd love it. So, last night, we get all ready to go around 6:30 and get Jude in his car seat. I knew it seemed like a bad idea since his bed time is usually around 7, but we gave it a try anyway. He pretty much screamed the whole way there. He's starting to like the car less and less, especially when he's already a little irritable. I knew once we got out of the car he'd be fine, so when we rounded the corner to where the house is, I was ready to scoop him out of his seat... but the lights weren't on...

We get closer and realize they only have the lights on during certain hours... and on Tuesday those hours don't start until 8. Knowing that Jude would not last that long in the car seat (and I wasn't about to take him our of it while sitting on the side of the road), we decided to head home.

We did however make a note of the hours for the next few days. Apparently Saturday night they turn them on at 5:30, so we'll be heading back then. At least it'll be earlier and hopefully Jude will be in a better mood on the way there.

0 comments: