CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

12.14.2009

Sprig Toys


I first came across these toys a few months back at Toys R Us. I fell in love with them!

Sprig Toys have the following features:

- battery free. The toys that have power are powered through kinetic energy. So, your child gets them going! They boast that this encourages longer play. The toy we got for him has a light, makes motor noises and has dialog all powered by you!
- earth friendly. The toys are made from recycled plastics and wood, use minimal packaging, are sold through retailers who uphold their standards and use no decorative paints.
- interchangeable. Similar to 'Little People', the characters and vehicles in the Sprig Toys collection are interchangable so you can expand your collection, or just have one.


When I first saw them, I wanted to buy one for Jude. The trucks are very 'boyish'. I'm a fan of the classic Tonka trucks, etc and these seemed to be the closest thing I could find to that. In my initial search, it appeared that most cars and trucks were either really baby, or very matchbox-like. However, at the time it didn't matter, he was too young to even be remotely interested, so I held off.

With Christmas approaching though (and since I said we would be able to buy Jude one gift), I decided to get him his Sprig truck. He still will not be able to fully comprehend what to do with it (and like his Diego jeep, he'll probably play with the people more than the truck)but I am just thrilled to open it up!

Another nifty feature about the Discovery Rig that we bought for him, is that it has an arm-type thing that attaches to it. When Jude gets to the age where he'll need to hold onto something to walk around a little (or just to hold him up), this might come in hand.

If you couldn't tell I will probably be more excited then he will be on Christmas morning...

I've added the link to the Sprig toys to the list on the right hand side of the page. Feel free to check them out.

0 comments: