CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

12.30.2009

And the winner is...

When trying to figure out where to even begin to catch up, I decided to start with something exciting that happened the other day!

As I've said, there are a handful of blogs I read regularly. One of them is Becoming Sarah. I just love reading this blog. A lot of what she says makes me what to scream a loud "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!". Well, one day while fully indulging myself in her blog (and not just her daily posts), I clicked on her "name this photo" link and decided to give my two cents. Basically she had a photo up of some eggs stacked in crates and wanted someone to name the photo for her. In the grand scheme of photos I've seen from her, it was nothing special, but of course it had a sense of intrigue. The first thing that came to mind was humpty dumpty... maybe I've been reading too many nursery rhymes lately, but whatever. It didn't take me very long to decide that I thought the photo should be titled "...sat on a wall". It was simple, to the point and could almost be translated a couple of different ways.

Well, this was a couple of weeks ago and since then, I'd totally forgotten about the contest (and quite frankly, I was hoping to win ANOTHER contest I'd submitted for... but that's besides the point).

Then, yesterday while going through my e-mail and deleting some junk, I came across a name that seemed vaguely familiar and I almost deleted it thinking it was one of those repeat junk mail offenders. I'm lucky I didn't, because it was a letter telling me I had one the contest! I was thrilled just to have won! and even more thrilled that I'd be getting a gift card to Amazon!

I encouraged anyone who reads my blog (and enjoys it) to check hers out. It's a lot more well written, with much more quality photos.

It also inspired me a little to want to have some sort of give contest of my own... stay tuned.

Now what will I do with my gift card... hmmm.... Link

1 comments:

Alicia said...

I stumbled onto your blog the other day after reading Katy's and checked out Becoming Sarah -- so glad I did! I'm hooked. I especially liked the posts she made addressed to her daughter because right now I'm working on my son's "today you are two" letter for his second birthday. Congrats on winning the contest. That's pretty cool.